If you own an Apple Pencil, you know that it needs to be charged periodically in order to function properly. But what is the best way to charge your Apple Pencil? In this blog post, we will explore how to charge your Apple Pencil the easy way. We will also discuss some of the pros and cons of different charging methods so that you can choose the best option for you.
What is an Apple Pencil?
The Apple Pencil is a precision drawing and writing tool for your iPad and iPhone that feels like a natural extension of your hand. With its pixel-precise pressure sensitivity and palm rejection, you can create whatever you imagine with ease. Plus, the built-in accelerometer detects when you’re tilting the Pencil, so you can easily vary the line width in your sketches.
How to Charge an Apple Pencil
Charging your Apple Pencil is easy! Just follow these simple steps:
1. Connect your Apple Pencil to the Lightning connector on your iPad.
2. The Apple Pencil will start charging automatically.
3. You can check the status of your Apple Pencil’s charge by opening the Notifications panel on your iPad and tapping on the battery icon next to the pencil icon.
4. Once your Apple Pencil is fully charged, it will show a green light next to the battery icon in the Notifications panel.
Using the Apple Pencil Charger
Assuming you have an Apple Pencil (1st generation), you’ll need to use the Apple Pencil Charger that came with your device. To do so, simply plug the Lightning connector into the Lightning port on your Apple Pencil, and then plug the other end of the charger into a USB power source.
It’s important to note that you should only use the Apple Pencil Charger to charge your device; don’t use any other type of charger, as this could damage your Apple Pencil. Also, make sure that you don’t leave your Apple Pencil connected to the charger for more than 30 minutes, as this could also potentially damage your device.
Once your Apple Pencil is fully charged, it will automatically disconnect from the charger. You can then unplug the charger from both your device and the power source, and put it away until you need to charge your Apple Pencil again.
Tips for Charging Your Apple Pencil
1. Use the included Apple Pencil Charger: To charge your Apple Pencil, simply plug it into the Lightning connector on your iPad Pro.
2. Use a USB Power Adapter: If you don’t have an iPad Pro, you can charge your Apple Pencil with any standard USB power adapter. Just plug the Lightning connector into the adapter and then plug the adapter into a power outlet.
3. Check the Battery Status: You can check the battery status of your Apple Pencil by opening the Settings app on your iPad and going to General > About > Pencil. The Battery Level section will show you how much charge is left in your pencil.
4. Charge Before Storing: It’s a good idea to charge your Apple Pencil before storing it for extended periods of time. This will help ensure that it’s ready to use when you need it.
There you have it! Those are the three different ways that you can charge your Apple Pencil. No matter which method you choose, just make sure that you always have a backup plan in case your Pencil runs out of juice. And if you ever lose your charging cable, don’t worry — we’ve got you covered with our list of the best Apple Pencil charging cables.